Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marniftarr

How I Gen Current Camera Name From Simconnect ?

Hi folk. How i get camera name of current view or this camera number from simconnect ?I subscribe to "view" notifications and get camera type only.With sim connect i can ged only 3 types:SIMCONNECT_VIEW_SYSTEM_EVENT_DATA_COCKPIT_2DSIMCONNECT_VIEW_SYSTEM_EVENT_DATA_COCKPIT_VIRTUALSIMCONNECT_VIEW_SYSTEM_EVENT_DATA_ORTHOGONAL (the map view).It is a very small parameters for create advanced cameras addon and my questions for you: How i get camera name of current view or this camera number from simconnect ? or how i switch plane to any FSX camera from my software with use simconnect ?I search this events and variables and i can not found it.Please help me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The camera support through simconnect seems very limited. For your first question, I have not found a way to more precisely identify the camera and sub-view that is active. For your second question, I have implemented this using camera views defined in cameras.cfg. Add the keyword "HotKeySelect=<Number>" to a camera definition, and then send in the VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_<Number> event through SimConnect.I hope we can look forward to a more flexible camera interface in TrainSim2 and FS11, including the ability to activate any camera on any object (including every type of AI object).RegardsSimon