Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest pv652

Propeller Dish Issue

Hello to everyone gifting his/her attention to my last enigma of 2008! :-)I am working to make an FS9 freeware work properly in FSX SP2; among several problems, I have visual issues with the PROPELLER DISH when in the OBSERVER mode: as stated, I can see the ground but not trees and buildings (all and only autogen stuff, I think).I replaced the original prop dish texture (a bmp file) with a new one from another addon aircraft that works fine, but I still have the same autogen-hiding effect.I add that I run FSX SP2 in Vista 32 SP1.Thanks in advance, have a happy ending and a happier start! ;-)Pierre

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Pierre,I tried just recently to solve this problem also. However, with no success. I suspect this is a problem of the model itselfe. If you load the aircraft without any texture it will be shown as transparent as long as you have normal scenery as a background. If you raise your aircraft per slew up to the sky and having a cloude as a backgraound you will suddently see that the aircraft will hide the cloude. Clouds are also objects and that means you will see the effect an all autogens as well as on clouds.My guess is, that the model designer have included the propeller dish into crash box scenario of the model. So, I do not think we can solve the issue without having the source of the model.Dietmar