Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest bigdbronco

Object Collision...please Help

Hello,I have downloaded Kazuhiro Miyazaki's Narita and Kansi airport sceneries and they are really wonderful. However, both of them have a problem on the taxiways and runways with "object collisions" when there is nothing visible around me to run into.I know I can avoid this by disabling crashes, but I am also running FSPassengers which doenst recognize the no crash rule, so that is where the problem arises.Is there anyway to fix this? I am sure it has something to do with the files comming from FS2002 and I am using FS9. I hope this hasent been discussed before, and if so, I apolgize, I didnt do a search.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I have downloaded Kazuhiro Miyazaki's Narita and Kansi airport sceneries and they are really wonderful. However, both of them have a problem on the taxiways and runways with "object collisions" when there is nothing visible around me to run into.I know I can avoid this by disabling crashes, but I am also running FSPassengers which doenst recognize the no crash rule, so that is where the problem arises.Is there anyway to fix this? I am sure it has something to do with the files comming from FS2002 and I am using FS9. I hope this hasent been discussed before, and if so, I apolgize, I didnt do a search.Thanks.
I just tried the Kansai scenery and had the same problem. I suspect the root cause is some of the objects the author used have a "crash envelope" as part of the model and that was not turned off when they were created.As far as I know there is no workaround for that except for turning off the detect crash option in FS2004 and you said you did not want to do that. Try this site to see if any other enhancement - specifically designed for FS2004 is available:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpGood Hunting! :(
I just tried the Kansai scenery and had the same problem. I suspect the root cause is some of the objects the author used have a "crash envelope" as part of the model and that was not turned off when they were created.As far as I know there is no workaround for that except for turning off the detect crash option in FS2004 and you said you did not want to do that. Try this site to see if any other enhancement - specifically designed for FS2004 is available:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpGood Hunting! :(