Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul J

Banner

Happy New Year!Quick question, if I may... How do I insert a "Proud supporter of XXXX" banner at the bottom of the signature? I have tried a number of different ways, but I only ever get the url to the image to display. What am I doing wrong???Many Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Happy New Year!Quick question, if I may... How do I insert a "Proud supporter of XXXX" banner at the bottom of the signature? I have tried a number of different ways, but I only ever get the url to the image to display. What am I doing wrong???Many Thanks,
Go to your control panel. There you can edit your signature to include an image.

Go to your control panel. There you can edit your signature to include an image.
Thanks for the reply, Tom, but "been there - done that". I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but I just don't know what. I rt-click on the company's logo image, copy the link, and paste it on the line below my general sig. It immediately recognizes it as a url and adds the markup content, but when viewed it merely shows a clickable link. I want to see the image, not the link.Regards,

Thanks for the reply, Tom, but "been there - done that". I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but I just don't know what. I rt-click on the company's logo image, copy the link, and paste it on the line below my general sig. It immediately recognizes it as a url and adds the markup content, but when viewed it merely shows a clickable link. I want to see the image, not the link.Regards,
Paul, when editing your signature, try putting this:
[img=http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg]

Should show up in your sig like this:hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgThe "img" tags are what's known as "BB Code". Sort of like HTML tags, but designed for forum messages. Just below the text entry box, click on the "BB Code Help" button for a list of BB Codes available.Regards,...jim

Paul, when editing your signature, try putting this:
[img=http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg]

Should show up in your sig like this:hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgThe "img" tags are what's known as "BB Code". Sort of like HTML tags, but designed for forum messages. Just below the text entry box, click on the "BB Code Help" button for a list of BB Codes available.Regards,...jim

Aaaaah.... will do, Jim.. Mucho Gratzy :( .

That won't work. You have to right click, view properties, and then copy and paste the URL for the image to your signature by using the image button.