HiThis is in FS9 on XP using the ASA upgrade of AS6.5.Firstly I'm really impressed with the improved visuals - ASA looks great. I'm using snapshots made up from ASG and it's noticeably more impressive than AS6.5. :( Unfortunately for now ASA is unusable for me because of wild wind direction/speed changes. Yes I do have the smoothing box checked. I flew today from EPWA to EGLL (Aerosoft) in the Level D B763 and the wind changes were playing havoc with the autothrottle system - a really unpleasant experience. :( Another irritation is that in order to load a flightplan into ASA from FS9 I have to change my regional settings from Polish (I use Win XP Polish) to English. And then the fuel calculator that I use for the 767 won't work necessitating a change back from Polish to English. OK, this is not the end of the world, but I'd rather not have to do this. No other program on my system, FS or other things, makes me do this, and this is the first time I've ever encountered something like this.I also have FSX on my system and, like many other people, can't quite get it to run as well as FS9. ASA will simply not work with FSX. The first time I tried to use it I saw a notice telling me 'Simconnect Client SP2 not found' - which was weird as I do have SP2 installed. It then suggested uninstalling and reinstalling SP2. Which I did. I still get the same 'Simconnect Client SP2 not found' message but ASA carries on, downloads the weather and seems to be fine. When I try to go to an airport though, just when ASA starts to install the weather FSX crashes :( I haven't got it to work once in FSX - which I only use for 'low and slow' with the default Maule.My specs are: Intel Core 2 6400@2.13 ghz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600, Win XP (Polish) FSUIPC 3.8.5 unregistered.This is my third Hi-Fi Sim purchase which reflects my confidence and satisfaction with your products. I hope there's a way to get this dreadful wind shift problem fixed.Best regards.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I tried Asa again today whilst it was snowing here in Warsaw. Nice snow depiction - but it also gave me thunder and lightning. We have had no thunder or lightning at all today in Warsaw. Wasn't there some way of eliminating false thunder & lightning from AS6.5? Is there something similar in Asa?

Gavin Barbara

Hi,It is possible for this in the RW. If this happens again, please get the METAR that ASA was using.Thanks,

Hi,It is possible for this in the RW. If this happens again, please get the METAR that ASA was using.Thanks,
JimAs always, thanks for getting back to me. Which do you mean is possible the dramatic wind shifts or the T&L?Regards.

Gavin Barbara

Hi,Should have been clearer! The T&L. The winds we are still working On.Thanks!

Hi,Should have been clearer! The T&L. The winds we are still working On.Thanks!
OK, will do. Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

I tried Asa again today whilst it was snowing here in Warsaw. Nice snow depiction - but it also gave me thunder and lightning. We have had no thunder or lightning at all today in Warsaw. Wasn't there some way of eliminating false thunder & lightning from AS6.5? Is there something similar in Asa?
Not just ASA, this is quite common in ASX too. I see lightning frequently when flying in Denmark in snowy conditions. A check of met office lightning pages when this happens has so far always shown no real-world lightning (which is what you would expect in Denmark during the winter).It seems to me that FSX simply generates lightning when certain cloud types are present, regardless of other conditions such as temperature and humidity.Tom

Not just ASA, this is quite common in ASX too. I see lightning frequently when flying in Denmark in snowy conditions. A check of met office lightning pages when this happens has so far always shown no real-world lightning (which is what you would expect in Denmark during the winter).It seems to me that FSX simply generates lightning when certain cloud types are present, regardless of other conditions such as temperature and humidity.Tom
Interesting. I had this in FS9 not FSX. I don't want to see T&L in the sim Warsaw when I'm not seeing it out of my window in the real Warsaw. That is, after all, one of the reasons for purchasing such a program as ASA - to get the most accurate weather possible.

Gavin Barbara