Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Familton

Atc Frequency Allocation In Fsx

I recently found out that an AFCAD designer had put a frequency in an AFCAD that was not representative of a ground or tower frequency. I was unable to get either tower or ground. Is there a list of the allowable frequency bands in FSX, FS9, for:Ground, Tower, ATIS, Approach, Clearance, Departure, VOR's, ILS's, etc?I occasionally add a frequency on an airport that does not have any frequencies using AFX or AFCAD. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First off, is this airport controlled? If there is no tower, there will be no ground or tower frequencies. Clearance will be whatever overlying center/approach control frequency is used. Valid voice frequencies are between 118-137 MHz with 25kHz spacing (though most radios tune in 50 kHz steps unless you flip a switch, just to speed tuning). Navaids are between 108-117.95 and use 50 kHz spacing. FS does not support UHF communications nor does it simulate military TACAN systems. If an airport does not have a specific unicom frequency, the normal practice is to use 122.9.

First off, is this airport controlled? If there is no tower, there will be no ground or tower frequencies. Clearance will be whatever overlying center/approach control frequency is used. Valid voice frequencies are between 118-137 MHz with 25kHz spacing (though most radios tune in 50 kHz steps unless you flip a switch, just to speed tuning). Navaids are between 108-117.95 and use 50 kHz spacing. FS does not support UHF communications nor does it simulate military TACAN systems. If an airport does not have a specific unicom frequency, the normal practice is to use 122.9.
Hi. OK. Thanks. That's what I wanted. Best regards, Bob.