Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before I bought ASA I had a problem with one texture disappearing. Now it looks like it might be related to frozen water, but I'm not sure yet. Not being completely familiar with textures in FSX I would find this problem hard to nail down, except previously I had fixed the problem by uninstalling XG and ASX both.Today I discovered the problem has returned, but I haven't used XG except through ASA. Flying through Florida I found lots of smaller ponds and mid-sized ponds appearing to be frozen solid (textured white).Then when I landed at KFMY I noticed the winds were 4-5 times stronger then ATIS reports. I landed the F1 Mustang at 55 ktas and I was at a ground speed of nearly zero. Indeed, the plane did not roll but maybe twenty feet.Is there a problem with the wind being accelerated with ASA?FrozenPond.jpgFrozenPonds.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Not sure about the texture issue because there are no frozen lake textures in XG.The wind issue may be related to DWC and we are looking into that issue.Thanks,Jim

I finally had to do a restore of the entire FSX installation. For some reason, restoring textures and scenery 'trees' didn't fix the problem. I felt sure the pond texture was due to the 'Update AI' button, but I have been unable to duplicate the problem.