Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Albums

G'day all,Well after Tom's post about all the new features of the new software I delved into the bowels of the forum and tried to make my own album.I kept getting getting an error saying I needed to select a different catagory, but try as I might it wouln't let me creat an Album.Does this mean that ALBUMS (creation) are for the administrators and commercial vendors only????The software message is very vague. Cheers,Roger

G'day all,Well after Tom's post about all the new features of the new software I delved into the bowels of the forum and tried to make my own album.I kept getting getting an error saying I needed to select a different catagory, but try as I might it wouln't let me creat an Album.Does this mean that ALBUMS (creation) are for the administrators and commercial vendors only????The software message is very vague. Cheers,Roger
We wanted everyone to have the ability to create an album and consequently be able to remove the Screen Shots forum. That created such an uproar that we decided to keep the Gallery for AVSIM Staff to use to show case their work, and to give access to commercial users to showcase theirs - a capability that was sorely lacking. We are not going to run two screen shot facilities for members, but the Gallery did make sense of other uses, as you see. So, the short of this is that members cannot create albums, although that was our intent.

We wanted everyone to have the ability to create an album and consequently be able to remove the Screen Shots forum. That created such an uproar that we decided to keep the Gallery for AVSIM Staff to use to show case their work, and to give access to commercial users to showcase theirs - a capability that was sorely lacking. We are not going to run two screen shot facilities for members, but the Gallery did make sense of other uses, as you see. So, the short of this is that members cannot create albums, although that was our intent.
G'day Tom,Thanks for clearing that up for me and whilst the answer wasn't exactly what I had hoped for I can appreciate the reasoning behind it. As a freeware developer I like your original intent far better but must accept the will of the masses.