Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JRBarrett

Fsx Weather Injection Stops Updating

Hello,Just wanted to add to some other reports of this problem. I'm running FSXI run ASA in on a second computer via my network. Both the FSX and ASA computers are using XP (SP2)I have been running ASX in the same configuration for quite some time, and have had no issues.There were no problems during the ASA installation - I correctly set all of the network paths, and ASA found FSX on the FS machine.I normally start ASA first, import and process my flight plan, and upload a weather-influenced snapshot to the FS computer, then I start FSX.Initial weather injection appears to go well. I see the initial scrolling message within FSX that ASA has begun setting the weather depiction, and a second message a few minutes later that ASA has completed the depiction process. The weather conditions at the departure airport do appear to match the current METAR.BUT - once the flight is underway, the injected weather never changes from the initial depiction - even though ASA on the client computer continues to download new weather updates and (supposedly) is updating FSX - at least according to the staus messages on rthe ASA main screen. I see no error messages at any time indicatiing that ASA is not communicating with FSX via SimConnect.But, throughout the flight the weather remains at whatever conditions were initially set for my departure point - both on the ground and aloft. I have performed two test flights - a 2-hour trip from KAUS to KFLL with the Wilco EMB-190, and a 9-hour flight from PHNL to YSSY with the PMDG 747-400F.In both cases, my winds aloft and temperatures at cruise (FL350) were the FL 350 conditions for my departure point - they never varied, and in both cases, the weather conditions at my destination were the same as my departure airport.Now here is the strange part... When I landed at SYD after 9 hours, the METAR at HNL was quite a bit different than at the time I took off. Over the 9 hours, HNL ground temperature had increased 5 degrees, the winds had shifted, and the pressure had increased .05 in/hg. Those changes WERE shown in FSX when I landed at SYD. I am very sure that ASA was injecting the HNL METAR at SYD upon my landing as the real SYD METAR was very different, and the depicted clouds, winds, temps and pressure matched the current HNL conditions perfectly.In other words, it appears that the injection is actually working, but for some reason ASA does not recognize that the aircraft is on the move... it is not injecting the weather at the aircrafts's actual locationHowever, If I bring up the map screen in ASA, and click on "lock to FS position" it DOES correctly show my current position. Nevertheless, the injected weather is "stuck" on my departure point location, no matter where the aircraft is actually located at the moment.I have ASA direct wind control turned off, and am using FSUIPC wind smoothing. FSUIPC version is 4.40Jim Barrett

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I normally start ASA first, import and process my flight plan, and upload a weather-influenced snapshot to the FS computer, then I start FSX.Initial weather injection appears to go well. Jim Barrett
Jim,Have you tried without importing a flight plan? I have some suspicions that the loading of a flight plan into ASA may be having issues. I ran a flight with a flight plan processed and it was not going well, I ran one without a flight plan loaded into ASA and it worked perfectly. Also, did you change your starting location from where your initially loaded up at to a different starting point on this flight?Steve

Jim,Have you tried without importing a flight plan? I have some suspicions that the loading of a flight plan into ASA may be having issues. I ran a flight with a flight plan processed and it was not going well, I ran one without a flight plan loaded into ASA and it worked perfectly. Also, did you change your starting location from where your initially loaded up at to a different starting point on this flight?Steve
I was kind of wondering if the FP import might be affecting the weather depiction. I'll try a flight without importing a plan and see what happens.Did not change initial starting location on either flight. Whenever I exit FSX, I always park my aircraft at the airport / ramp position where I intend to begin my next flight, and "save as default", so I am parked right where I want to be the next time I initialize FSX.Jim Barrett

Jim, I am getting a similar problem in ASX (not ASA). The differnce being that i get no weather at all except when I am right over a station For some reason if I go and check FSX weather (User Defined weather) the global weather (All Stations) is checked with the correct weather. If I check on individual stations then the weather is clear no matter what I check on. FSX is only deicting individual stations and ASX is setting at a global level. Check this and see if you get the same

An Update:I just tried a flight from DTW to BNA in the Wilco EMB-175. This time, I started FSX first, the ASA. I did not load a flight plan, and did not attempt to load a snapshot.The current METAR at DTW loaded into FSX perfectly - Winds 080@6, Temp -4C, Pressure 30.16, Skycover broken. Initial winds aloft at my cruising altitude was reported at 278@58, temp -48CEnroute, the winds aloft and temperature were indeed 278@58 and -48C... BUT NEVER CHANGED throughout the 400 NM flight.ASA's displayed aircraft current position was correct throughout the flight, both on the report screen and the map.Upon arrival, the actual BNA METAR as reported by ASA was wind 180@10, Temp 17C, Pressure 29.94 and sky cover broken at 1700 feet.But, as previously experienced, upon landing at BNA, the weather in FSX was still exactly the same as when I left Detroit... wind 080@6, temp -4C and pressure 30.16.Throughout the flight, the "depiction output active" green message was always present in ASA.After exiting ASA, I examined the ASA log, and the Simconnect log. NO error messages of any kind were reported. Once Simconnect established communication with FSX, it showed no errors whatsoever until I shut ASA down. Likewise, the ASA log showed the current weather at BNA and surrounding stations was being sent continously, both before my arrival and afterward, with no reported errors - and the BNA METAR being sent was the correct one.So - I went back to DTW, and flew the very same flight again - this time with ASX. This time, everything worked perfectly, the weather on arrival at BNA was correct, and I did see a definite change in the winds aloft speed and direction as the flight progressed.So, for whatever reason, ASA injects weather into FSX correctly when the program starts, but appears to stop injecting from that point on - even though there are no error messages either in the ASA program screen, or in the two log files to explain why the injection stopped working.Again, I am running ASA on a seperate computer from FSX. ASX works fine using the same setup.For what it's worth....Jim Barrett