Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nilsca

Pdfkneeboard 1.5 Available For Testing

Hi I've packaged a new version of PDFKneeboard 1.5 which contains a fix to handle all PDF files correctly (users had reported inop with certain kinds of PDFs, 1.5 is also available for FSX).From the disclaimer

Every serious flight-simmer eventually ends up referring to charts for their flying adventures. Whether it's a VFR sectional or more likely an approach chart for self-study or while flying under virtual ATC services (e.g. in IVAO).The best coverage and free source for those charts are PDF files available for download. Unless these pilots have a second screen to render those charts in heavyweight PDF-apps this means juggling the external application, fighting for screen estate and struggling to have flight-simulator as well as chart right at hand ... without getting into each others way.Now - imagine PDFKneeboard - this flight-sim module renders PDF documents right inside the simulator. It remembers what part of the chart the pilot is looking at (section, zoom, rotation - for each page), it lets the simulator window keep the focus, remembers opened charts and offers various kneeboard-related key and button bindings. When the important instrument approach chart is needed a simply joystick button click or hotkey brings it right back where the pilot needs it.
Feedback appreciatedhttp://code.google.com/p/fscode/downloads/...p;ts=1230921993CheersNils

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have used this utility for some time now and consider it invaluable.The latest version seems to work flawlessly in FS2004 (have not tried it in FSX).Thanks for this fine bit of work - I especially like the fact that the three extra dll's are no longer required. :(