Sign in to follow this  
Guest diajohn2

Fmc Panel

Guest diajohn2

I normally use a button on my Yoke to open/close the FMC on my payware. It appears the MD11 uses Panel 34 for the FMC. Any suggestions on how to set it up on a Yoke. I do have FSUIPC registered.

If a keystroke is assigned in PMDG key assignments, then FSUIPC (registered) can assign a yoke, stick, or throttle button to send out that keystroke. In the 737 "F" is the default hotkey assigned to open the FMC window,I'm using FS9 with version 3 of FSUIPC but see if the actions are similar for FSX and version 4 of FSUIPC.Load up or create an MD-11 flight in FS. Bring up the FS menu bar with the ALT key and make sure the key(s) combination you want to use is assigned to the FMC pop-up function in the PMDG key mapping utility I guess by clicking PMDG in the menu bar and running that utility to check the current key assignment or define a new one.Reopen the menu bar if necessary and if the same as FS9 click on Modules and then FSUIPC in the dropdown.In the FSUIPC window that opens there should bed a tab labeled buttons and switches. Follow the on screen instructions by first operating the button you wish to program, checking key stroke box, and then pressing the key combination you wish to send, in this example case the "F" key. I'd also check it to make it aircraft specific which saves it only for the loaded MD-11 aircraft model. Click SAVE and the FSUIPC window and menu bar should close.The effect should be immediate I believe and the FMC window should open on that button press. Since the key in PMDG is a toggle (at least the 737) press the button again and the FMC should close. Make sure in the FSUIPC tab that the button is not assigned a repeat function and is defined as not held but momentary.See if that works for FSX and the MD-11X. Since I based this on FS9 there might be a deviation with FSX but I think I gave you the idea.Let us know how that works.I'm basing this as I said on FS9 with FSUIPC version 3.

Guest diajohn2

I setup the PMDG Panel menu to use F as the key to open MCDU one. Then used FSUIPC to map the button to the F key. Worked like a charm. Thanks.