Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

Simflyers - Ewr Question

Hi All,I was wondering if anyone knew what their EXCLUDE filename(s) are for the Newark scenery.I have a mix of new and old right now and can't figure out how/why both are showing.I think it might be time for a upgrade anyway.Thanks!

Hi All,I was wondering if anyone knew what their EXCLUDE filename(s) are for the Newark scenery.I have a mix of new and old right now and can't figure out how/why both are showing.I think it might be time for a upgrade anyway.Thanks!
There weren't any exclude files that I know of. They did however use the old technique (KEWR was designed for FS2002 IIRC) of Exclude and Flatten entries in the scenery.cfg;here's the excerpt from one of my old backups:[Area.052]Title=Newark Intl (KEWR) by SimFlyersLayer=52Active=TRUERequired=FALSELocal=SimFlyers\KEWRRemote=Exclude=N40 44 00,W74 11 21,N40 38 00,W74 09 25,allFlatten.0=18,N40 42 49,W74 11 41,N40 42 49,W74 08 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 41

There weren't any exclude files that I know of. They did however use the old technique (KEWR was designed for FS2002 IIRC) of Exclude and Flatten entries in the scenery.cfg;here's the excerpt from one of my old backups:[Area.052]Title=Newark Intl (KEWR) by SimFlyersLayer=52Active=TRUERequired=FALSELocal=SimFlyers\KEWRRemote=Exclude=N40 44 00,W74 11 21,N40 38 00,W74 09 25,allFlatten.0=18,N40 42 49,W74 11 41,N40 42 49,W74 08 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 41
Ahah! Thanks Mackintosh!Very Interesting. I had an OLD scenery.cfg and there are flattens also missing for my current CFG file, in addition to the entries you point out.I have a couple back-up CFG's and it appears that these were stripped off. I suspect a scenery utility I downloaded here did it. I'll have to go back and RTFM to see if it is mentioned. If it was not, I will bring it up with the author.THANK YOU very much again Mack...