Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Calling All P6t Deluxe Owners

You guys with the ASUS P6T Deluxe Mobo's, what BIOS settings are you changing from default or auto that are a must do? I will be building my new system later this week and I am trying to get some questions answered before I get started.Thanks!

Jim Wenham

Guest Alphahawk3
You guys with the ASUS P6T Deluxe Mobo's, what BIOS settings are you changing from default or auto that are a must do? I will be building my new system later this week and I am trying to get some questions answered before I get started.Thanks!
I would suppose if you are not clocking you would leave it all at "Auto". I did until I clocked and then it is just a few...and I have tried several ways of clocking the 920 that I have. Will be happy to answer any direct questions you have. I will tell you this about the on-board sound. I am sure I don't have to tell you that FSX reacts different ways on the same hardware for different people. The on-board sound for me was a no go for performance. It causes me a lot of problems. I tried setting the quality to a lower setting and it was OK for a while but the problems came back...FPS hit and crackling and popping along with stutters. It sounds great going into my Bose speakers but I think it uses too many CPU cycles that interfere with FSX. All I know is that for me I don't use it. I think it is a great board.....pretty much idiot proof.....LOL...at least for me. Did not even think of clocking the 920 as it performs great at the stock speed but did it anyway and have had no problems. Mind you it is not at 4 gig as some people have done with this board. Right now I have it at 3.5ghz but I am still looking for that spot. If you have DDR3 1600 mem it will not us it at that speed if you keep the CPU at stock speed. In the bios you can just set it up to use the full speed of your memory you have if that is all you want to do. But many have said that at the stock speed one will not get the full benefit from DDR3 1600. I don't know. I went ahead and got that mem in case a year from now I move up to the 940...965.....or a newer i7. I had mine running at the full speed and saw the difference in the benchmarks that I ran from several programs off the net but benchmarks and FSX are two different things. Regards

Thanks! I got the 940 cpu with 1600 ram. I read that the 920 wont run 1600 but the 940 will. All my parts are to arrive today except for my TRUE120 wich wont be here till thurday so I plan to build it Friday night! What sound card did you go with?

Jim Wenham

Guest Alphahawk3
Thanks! I got the 940 cpu with 1600 ram. I read that the 920 wont run 1600 but the 940 will. All my parts are to arrive today except for my TRUE120 wich wont be here till thurday so I plan to build it Friday night! What sound card did you go with?
Well I did not go with a sound card yet...just put in an old SB Live to solve the on-board sound problem. Still looking about which card to get. The 920 will work with the 1600 mem but you have to do some tweaks in the bios...no big deal really. I think you will be real happy with the 940. I need a new GPU as my 9600GT is a bit of a bottle neck for the graphics. Hate to get a new one but the 9800 or 260 will help....and anything over that would be over kill for FSX....but I may wind up keeping this 9600....it dose fairly well and I know within less than a year the prices are going to drop on the two cards I am looking at or maybe even some other cards will come out. I guess it is just not a priority right now.....all things are really running pretty darn good. Regards

I read that the 920 wont run 1600 but the 940 will.
That's not true...to an extent.I ran my 920 at 1600 OC'd (at around 3.0 ghz for a while). No worries. 1600 will limit your OC though if you don't lower it.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Alphahawk3
That's not true...to an extent.I ran my 920 at 1600 OC'd (at around 3.0 ghz for a while). No worries. 1600 will limit your OC though if you don't lower it.
I have mine now at 3.5ghz but really do not have a cooler that will hold it at good temps at the 4ghz mark or 3.9ghz either. Is there a big difference from the 3.9ghz you have and say the 3.5 I have....if you have tried yours at 3.5ghz.....just curious. You said in more articulate terms about the memory in your post than what I said. I had mine at 1600 on lower clock...but at 3.5 I have to run it at DDR3 1403 I believe it is....don't know the theory behind that. How do you like your sound card?? Regards