Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mccarthk

Fs9 Screensaver

Does anyone know how to create a screensaver using the rotating aircraft image on the "Create a Flight" page in FS9?I think that we be a great screensaver! Any ideas?Kevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone know how to create a screensaver using the rotating aircraft image on the "Create a Flight" page in FS9?I think that we be a great screensaver! Any ideas?Kevin
Take a look at this file - you can likely use the procedure to create your own special screen saver.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=61107Good Luck! :(EDIT added: I checked that old tutorial and see some of the links are no longer valid. The concept is still the same though - create a "movie" file with a program such as FRAPS, make it smaller and convert it with one of the utilities or the Windows Movie maker program and the use a program to display movies as a screen saver.Microsoft even has a free one (to display movie clips as a screensaver) which you can download here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Thanks Opa. I have installed the Microsoft Video Screen saver and will give it a try.I have to say that you are a "treasure" to flight simming. I have admired your contribution for years.Thanks from all of us who benefit from your presence.Good on you mate!

Thanks Opa. I have installed the Microsoft Video Screen saver and will give it a try.I have to say that you are a "treasure" to flight simming. I have admired your contribution for years.Thanks from all of us who benefit from your presence.Good on you mate!
I have been called many things in my 73 years on this earth, but never a "treasure" !!Thank You. :(