Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest melf12

Fs 2004 Scenery

I'm recovering from a near complete 'wipe out' of my Fs9 Installation; due, I think, from installing FSCopilot?During re-install, from Back Up DVD's, a mamouth problem has arisen. The Asia scenery is not installing automatically - I am required to install each file separately.......each file requires up to 5 DVD changes!! the way things are going It will take me until 2010!Has anyone any ideas for overcoming this problem, please? It occurred to me that I could 'cut and paste' from the FS 2004 CD's, but I cannot find an Asia folder!HELP!Ken

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm recovering from a near complete 'wipe out' of my Fs9 Installation; due, I think, from installing FSCopilot?During re-install, from Back Up DVD's, a mamouth problem has arisen. The Asia scenery is not installing automatically - I am required to install each file separately.......each file requires up to 5 DVD changes!! the way things are going It will take me until 2010!Has anyone any ideas for overcoming this problem, please? It occurred to me that I could 'cut and paste' from the FS 2004 CD's, but I cannot find an Asia folder!HELP!Ken
Sounds like one or more "bad" disks - you may wish to invest in a new set - rather cheap now.The resources may be helpful though:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good Luck! :(

Sounds like one or more "bad" disks - you may wish to invest in a new set - rather cheap now.The resources may be helpful though:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good Luck! :(
Thank you for your reply David, just what the doctor ordered, I'm feeling a little fragile at the moment :( Ken