Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

Will Fs9 Md-11 Run Good On Ol' Xps Gen2?

I am currently running all the PMDG addons great on my older xps gen 2 laptop with 2 gig ram/ awesome res etc.... the PMDG 744 gives me very smooth locked 25fps on FS9, default scenery but high terrain and detail sliders, full AA etc.. so the PMDG 744 and LDS 767 are perfect.. thus I don't use any addon airliners in FSX... and am guessing if I run those great this new MD-11 will also be the same performance in FS9. Is that true??? Or since those products are so old now - is the MD-11 just "too new" for me to run that great? This is probably going to be my last great purchase for FS9 as all new designs are in FSX, and it will be a while before I can get a new laptop (the boss .... ummm wife you know... .) :(

Guest Mzehmed
I am currently running all the PMDG addons great on my older xps gen 2 laptop with 2 gig ram/ awesome res etc.... the PMDG 744 gives me very smooth locked 25fps on FS9, default scenery but high terrain and detail sliders, full AA etc.. so the PMDG 744 and LDS 767 are perfect.. thus I don't use any addon airliners in FSX... and am guessing if I run those great this new MD-11 will also be the same performance in FS9. Is that true??? Or since those products are so old now - is the MD-11 just "too new" for me to run that great? This is probably going to be my last great purchase for FS9 as all new designs are in FSX, and it will be a while before I can get a new laptop (the boss .... ummm wife you know... .) :(
I asked a similar question before buying the MD-11, I was told the impact on frame rates was far less than that of the 747X. So in that respect if you are able to get a good performance out of the previous PMDG aircraft then you shouldn't have any problems with this? I'm running FSX off a laptop too, however my system specs vary so I couldn't be sure. Excellent aircraft though.