Sign in to follow this  
Guest Baltique

Problem With Md11 Fs9 And Fsuipc Version

Guest Baltique

Hi there,I am just wanting to see if I can get some help with my installation of the PMDG MD11 for FS9. In my hurry to get up and running I installed the MD11 before checking my FSUIPC version. While loading the plane in FS9 I got an PMDG error saying that my FSUPIC version is too old, and that I need one of at least version 3.81. OK - off I go to the web, download and install version 3.85 of FSUIPC (my version is registered). Only problem is that when I restart FS9 and try and load the MD11, I get the same FSUIPC error... Restarting the computer and even a re-installation of the MD11 have not helped. I have checked and the FSUIPC version in my modules folder is indeed 3.85, but I still get the error about a FSUIPC version that is too old! Any help out there for this issue??Karl Grigg

Guest Baltique

Further info - I just deleted my FSUIPC ini, so as to regenerate a new one - started up FS9 and then the MD11 - and the same error of a too old FSUIPC version popped up and closed down my sim......Re-downloaded from schirati.com version 3.85 and placed into the modules folder again - still no joy.....K. Grigg

Further info - I just deleted my FSUIPC ini, so as to regenerate a new one - started up FS9 and then the MD11 - and the same error of a too old FSUIPC version popped up and closed down my sim......Re-downloaded from schirati.com version 3.85 and placed into the modules folder again - still no joy.....K. Griggi had the same problem,i deleted the fsuipc ini file made sure that there was only one fsuipc dll file and i have been flying ever sinceThanks to dan downs for that quick fix.sorry i cant be more helpnick b

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Guest Baltique

Thanks nick b,I have done a search on my computer - and there is only one fsuipc.dll on my machine and that is the version 3.85 in my modules folder. I have again deleted the fsuips ini file, but still the error of a too old fsuipc keeps reappearing when loading the MD11 and closing down the sim. Even worse, I have verified that the same thing is now happening with my PMDG 747-400 !!! even though I have never had any problems loading this plane before.The version number of my previous fsuipc version seems to be stuck somewhere in a file to do with PMDG planes, and it is not being updated by the new, more recent version currently in my modules folder. I have verified that my non PMDG planes load without a problem.Help PMDG!K.Grigg

Guest WayneWu

Hi guysI have the same problem as you guys. I tried a lot of times then I found a solution hope to help your guys.1.Delete the FSUIPC.KEY in your modules folder.2.Get a clean FSUIPC.KEY from your freinds or open this file with notepad and delete all the things,then add [Programs]PMDGOptions.DLL=CJM4KBNN1RLQsave and closeRun FS again then you will see MD11 works,after that register your fsuipc .If you have any problem please contact me via vivienne100428@hotmail.comWayne

Guest WayneWu
Thanks nick b,I have done a search on my computer - and there is only one fsuipc.dll on my machine and that is the version 3.85 in my modules folder. I have again deleted the fsuips ini file, but still the error of a too old fsuipc keeps reappearing when loading the MD11 and closing down the sim. Even worse, I have verified that the same thing is now happening with my PMDG 747-400 !!! even though I have never had any problems loading this plane before.The version number of my previous fsuipc version seems to be stuck somewhere in a file to do with PMDG planes, and it is not being updated by the new, more recent version currently in my modules folder. I have verified that my non PMDG planes load without a problem.Help PMDG!K.Grigg
Yeah,I find out that the cause of that problem is that I have a old registered FSUIPC in my computer,and when you install PMDG MD11,the install programme just replace the FSUIPC.dll with a new version and do nothing with the original key file,I'm not that good at computers so I do not know how the FSUIPC.DLL invoke the key file when you run FS,but I tried to delete the key file and restart FS,it works without any problems too.

Guest Baltique

Thank you WayneWu,It seems my problem is the same as yours. I removed my fsuiupc.key from the modules folder, and finally I can load and use the MD-11 without the "fsuipc too old" error, but of course my fsuipc is now unregistered. I then go and re-register my copy of fsuipc (the version 3.85), close down FS, restart FS, load the MD-11, and "?

Guest Baltique

Thanks,This does not however explain the "wierd" situation that when I have deleted the FSUIPC.key, the PMDGOptions.dll checks my running (but unregistered) FSUIPC and finds that it is okay, but that when I register exactly this same FSUIPC module (version 3.85), it decides that it is not okay and gives me the "fsuipc too old" error. I have certainly not added or deleted any additional FSUIPC modules to my system in between????Very odd indeed..... but a repeatable situation (trust me - I have tried it a few times now....)Flying for the moment with an unregistered FSUIPC and otherwise very impressed / happy with the MD-11 (and concerned about how I am going to fit all of the reading of manuals inbetween trying to work during the week, and going skiing on the weekend???)K. Grigg

Guest Keith Sebastian

This worked for me - I just replaced the FSUIPC.dll file within ...\Modules\ASv6 with the updated version from the main modules folder. Just do a search and find all FSUIPC.dll files in your FS directory. Replace them all with the latest version and then register from within FS.Cheers,Keith