Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackcnd

Post i7 and FSX 07 Benchmarks

Anyone run the FSX 07 Benchmark from the library on an i7 setup, be interested in hearing the results...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Anyone run the FSX 07 Benchmark from the library on an i7 setup, be interested in hearing the results...
benchmark numbers will give you SOME info but they WILL NOT show the clarity on the screen, the speed scenery builds without popping, the distance view clarity, the autogen response and the smoothness of the result or how well FSX runsand FRAPS robs the system of as many as 8-15 frames during that test so keep that in mind as well

benchmark numbers will give you SOME info but they WILL NOT show the clarity on the screen, the speed scenery builds without popping, the distance view clarity, the autogen response and the smoothness of the result or how well FSX runsand FRAPS robs the system of as many as 8-15 frames during that test so keep that in mind as well
I was waiting for someone with "more authority" than me on FSX to say what you posted...LOL. As I have learned it is all about the few words you used. Have you seen...any system.....where autogen does not pop at all.....or crisp clarity all the way to the horizion....just curious...and what is your take on a system like the one JayKae has over on the FTX forum with the dual CPU's. I know the screen shots he posts' are the best I have seen but I do know that everything else has to come into play with that also. Just curious as his is the first dual CPU that I have noticed anyone using...at least in my readings. Regards

I was waiting for someone with "more authority" than me on FSX to say what you posted...LOL. As I have learned it is all about the few words you used. Have you seen...any system.....where autogen does not pop at all.....or crisp clarity all the way to the horizion....just curious...and what is your take on a system like the one JayKae has over on the FTX forum with the dual CPU's. I know the screen shots he posts' are the best I have seen but I do know that everything else has to come into play with that also. Just curious as his is the first dual CPU that I have noticed anyone using...at least in my readings. Regards
autogen will pop by default because they removed 'alpha-fade' from FSX however how fast it comes in and out of the scene you can see as well. Better systems the popinng is still there but not anywhere near as obvious and as you run fraps in that benchmark even good systems will show autogen and scenery changes very slow.and yes, all my systems are clear well out toward the horizonhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=26352&PN=7Those are all taken in real time and are not altered in any way like some may do in photoshop to make the product they are connected to look better (*wink*)

And, now I'm waiting for the freezing cold weather to subside so I'll be ordering my new rig next month. And, I'm going for the 940 seeing I won't OC. I'm definately glad that I decided to hold off to take myself into the promiss land of FSX. I'll be ordering my system off of Maingear PC a little more than I was willing to spend but if it lasts me 8-9 years then it's money well spent.