Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

MD11 QNH setting

I am on my second read through the documentation and my first flight last night went smoothly except for one thing.I set the Alt to standard when passing the Transition alt but on the way back down I get a amber msg saying QNH disabled or something like that?? I'm sure I have missed something simple in the docs.. Can I set the QNH in the FMC like the A3xx?CheersRob

Rob Prest

I don't know anything about airbus, all I do on the way down is press B to change from 29.92 to local altimeter.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmmm ok I thought I was being a noob. So has no one noticed a amber msg in the bottom right corner of the PFD that says 'QNH disabled' or something like that? I pull the knob to set standard pressure but pushing twisting and using my hardware could not get me back to a local setting. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here but what does the Amber message mean? I am on my second read of the docs but thought someone would have a quick solution.CheersRob

Rob Prest

Rob,You have the non-precision indicators (line/tringle) option active (from PMDG Menu Options) and clicked on QFE not QNH. Correctly the PFD showed QFE disabled since this option requires the precision symbols, otherwise you get exactly this message.General advice to all : Don't walk over symbols/messages/alerts with a light heart in the form "I saw something but not sure, hey must be wrong since I do not immediately understand it....." etc. This is an extremely complicated add on. I do realise that 1400 pages of documentation is a lot to absorb but you can search for one item at a time and learn only those that are of specific interest to you.Best,Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================