Sign in to follow this  
Guest mllg

747x irs goes up

Guest mllg

the irs time to align starts from 7 minutes...when it reaches one minute...it starts going back up in time....i gave up after 25 minutes?

Maybe it senses aircraft is moving?Try 10 sec or even instant. Make sure you don't have any noise coming from your controller, especially brake signal.Hope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mllg

thanks for your responsewhat is brake signal noise?

Some game controllers are noisey. Registered copy of FSUIPC has a feature that ignores spikes. You can easily test with your game controller disconnect and see if problem changes. The important thing to note is that the aircraft has to be stationary during IRS alignment.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mllg

i got it to align with fast align....but the displays dont come alive after ..(meaning the adi brown and blue)..lets see if im doing it wrong ...heres what im doing1-switch irs knobs from off to nav2 switch irs knobs nav to align3-notice time to align display appear on mfd,and decrease4-enter irs position on fmc5-when time to align readout dissappears, turns irs knobs from align to navthats how im doing it but i cant get the displays to come alive fullyps...in instant mode the displays are fully on

switching the knobs to NAV is enough, no need to switch them to Align. It isn't done in the real plane either.cheers!Tom

Guest derekb

That used to happen to me - I think the problem was not setting the IRS POS in the FMC in time. I think your Step 5 starts it over. I just turn to Nav, and then handle the FMC and that's it.