Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Interpreting Delayed Procedure Call Latency

I thought I posted this question already, but alas, I don't see it! Perhaps it's in the DPC queue!OK, for those in the know, why is it that if I run my machine at 4.1Ghz/1629Mhz DRAM Freq I get DPC Latency into the yellow zone AND better FSX performance, versus 3.0Ghz/1333Mhz DRAM freq I get nice low DPC Latency, but poorer FSX performance?Methinks higher DPC latency is not the same as, for example, higher memory read latency. To me, it suggests a component is working much faster than other components, hence procedure calls end up stacking up until the slower component is ready. Is this correct? Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought I posted this question already, but alas, I don't see it! Perhaps it's in the DPC queue!OK, for those in the know, why is it that if I run my machine at 4.1Ghz/1629Mhz DRAM Freq I get DPC Latency into the yellow zone AND better FSX performance, versus 3.0Ghz/1333Mhz DRAM freq I get nice low DPC Latency, but poorer FSX performance?Methinks higher DPC latency is not the same as, for example, higher memory read latency. To me, it suggests a component is working much faster than other components, hence procedure calls end up stacking up until the slower component is ready. Is this correct? Noel
you asked in Simforums Noel.. Ground Environment forum .. go back there.. thread was about the 180.48 drivers where we were having this discussionhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=28555&PN=3I asked you to disable you sound card(s) along with ALL the network adapters in the device manager and rerun the test at 4.1

you asked in Simforums Noel.. Ground Environment forum .. go back there.. thread was about the 180.48 drivers where we were having this discussionhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=28555&PN=3I asked you to disable you sound card(s) along with ALL the network adapters in the device manager and rerun the test at 4.1
Thanks Pal, I will go back n read the response! I believe I had disabled these, having read the DPC checker info sheet, but I'll make sure n do it again.