Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

MD11 in FS9 cycling through views

This is a problem that I've not seen mentioned here. I was near the start of Tutorial 1 setting up the MCDU when I decided to take a break and look at the outside of the aircraft - after all it does look so good. So I hit the S key to go from the 2D panel to spot view. I saw the MD11 with no textures filled in and FS seemed to lock up. Then it started cycling through views with no input from me - spot to tower to cockpit to spot etc. This was followed by a load dialog box loading terrain & traffic then back to the cycling views.Eventually, after a few rounds of this up came the "Microsoft is sorry but there is a problem..." or whatever with the option to re-start ticked and FS closes down and restarts. When I was back in the cockpit I tried the S key again and the whole process repeated. Then I found I could hit the Esc key and select to end the flight which I did. I even tried loading a default a/craft that would fit in the parking bay - a Cessna 172 but that resulted in a building crash for some strange reason! Eventually I closed FS, rebooted the computer and restarted FS. Then I remembered that the evening before, near the start of the tutorial where it was suggested to do so, I had saved the flight. So I selected that and when it was all up I once again tried the S key but now all was well.I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it has never happened to me with any other a/craft. It might well be just a computer glitch, who knows? :( Iain Smith

Iain, what are you system specs?Sounds like the CPU and GPU got out of sync, similar to a stutter when you are moving.

Dan Downs KCRP

Iain, what are you system specs?Sounds like the CPU and GPU got out of sync, similar to a stutter when you are moving.
Dan, I have a nearly 4 yr old PC with a Gigabyte K8 Triton mobo with 2GB PC3200 DDR RAM and Athlon64 3000+ CPU, Geforce 7900GS AGP with 256MB. This happened again today when parked at LHR (FS9 default). After re-setting I continued with the tutorial and while taxiing out to the rwy I hit the S key and the external spot view worked ok, as it did on the rest of the flight.One thing I have noticed, which may or may not be related, when switching views in the 2D cockpit, the cockpit textures sometimes are very slow to load.I probably need an upgrade! :( Iain Smith