Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniper31

ASA not connected to FSX? Can't tell....

Okay, so I just bought the ASA upgrade for ASX, got it installed with no problems. Loaded up a flight and flight plan in FSX and ASA, but I do not see any change in the weather effects, nor can I lock the ASA map to the FS position. I have ASA (and ASX) setup up on a client PC, properly networked and setup with SimConnect to my FSX PC. Prior to upgrading to ASA, Active Sky X worked great in my setup. I have tested the SimConnect settings AFTER the ASA install using the AI Traffic program as suggested in the ASA (and ASX) documentation, and it reports a good connection. Yet, I still get no confirmation of any kind in FSX that ASA is connected, nor can I lock the map in ASA to my aircrafts position. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Okay, so I just bought the ASA upgrade for ASX, got it installed with no problems. Loaded up a flight and flight plan in FSX and ASA, but I do not see any change in the weather effects, nor can I lock the ASA map to the FS position. I have ASA (and ASX) setup up on a client PC, properly networked and setup with SimConnect to my FSX PC. Prior to upgrading to ASA, Active Sky X worked great in my setup. I have tested the SimConnect settings AFTER the ASA install using the AI Traffic program as suggested in the ASA (and ASX) documentation, and it reports a good connection. Yet, I still get no confirmation of any kind in FSX that ASA is connected, nor can I lock the map in ASA to my aircrafts position. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)
Not one reply yet? Does not anyone, either Hi FLight support staff, or another user have any clues? I love ASX, and am excited about ASA..please help.

Well, it now appears that all is my mistake. Everything seems to working great right now. I think what happened, is that after I installed ASA late last night, I committed a cardinal sin and did not reboot both my client and server machines after setting ASA up. Rebooting after installing any program software is very prudent, and I am sorry that I skipped that step during my troubleshooting and subsequent plea for help here. Please excuse, and sorry for wasting anyone's time.Now, off to fly and enjoy the weather! :(

Hi,Glad you got things working and know that we do need to sleep sometimes!Thanks!