Sign in to follow this  
fbass

FSX Crash-loading flight

I've searched the MS site, the Internet, and the AVSIM forums but could not find a specific answer to this problem. If the answer is available I apologize but I just couldn't find it.Anyway, I'm suddenly getting the following error and FSX crash:The requested flight is corrupt or can't be found. Flights Simulator will now try to load the default flight.After the error display, FSX crashes to the desktop.Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks,fb

Did you try navigating to your C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files and try opening one of your saved flights? Just double-click one of the exe files (ones with the pictures displayed) If it works, save the flight and make sure to CHECK the "Make this the default flight" box.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Did you try navigating to your C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files and try opening one of your saved flights? Just double-click one of the exe files (ones with the pictures displayed) If it works, save the flight and make sure to CHECK the "Make this the default flight" box.
That did the trick. Thanks so much - really appreciate it.fb

Glad it worked! :)
Well, I spoke too soon. I was able to get FSX to load the first time I executed a flight, subsequent starts of FSX crashed. It appeared scenery files were loading but it took way too long. After the loads FSX crashed with no indication of a problem. I think now my system is hosed.fb