Sign in to follow this  
kilgourj

Triplehead2go with 3 off 28" monitors

Hi all,Having a Hanns-g 28" HDMI monitor already and having read about the Matrox Triplehead2go digital edition, I went for another 2 Hanns-g 28" HDMI monitors and setup using the appropriate matrox software. I optimized FS9 using SGU and the default resolution. On entering VC mode the gauges are spread across the three monitors instead of on the centre monitor with other 2 for side views. I tried the same on FSX and I get in VC mode the panel is showing up on the left monitor and side views are centre and right. Does anyone know if a line has to be added to FS9 and FSX config files to adjust to what it is shown on the screenshots I have seen, I noticed the majority of monitors are 17,19 inch with a mention of a 24 inch. I am beginning to think I spent the money on 28 inch monitors for no gain.Thanks in advance for any solutionskilgourj

Guest firehawk44

"Does anyone know if a line has to be added to FS9 and FSX config files to adjust to what it is shown on the screenshots I have seen"The only line in FSX that needs to be adjusted is "WideViewAspect=True". It's set at false by default. Not sure if this line is in FS9.cfg too but if not, you might try it and see if it helps.Jim

Having a Hanns-g 28" HDMI monitor already and having read about the Matrox Triplehead2go digital edition, I went for another 2 Hanns-g 28" HDMI monitors...
Wow! I thought two of these screens on my desk was massive let alone three! Question for you though, what overall resolution are you getting through the TripleHead2Go? If I have it right, the maximum output resolution is 5040 x 1050 which would equate to 3 x 1680 x 1050. Is that the resolution you are getting? If so, how does it look on these large screens? I've gone for the DualHead2Go simply because that allows me to keep the native resolution of 2 x 1920x1200... Geoff

Wow! I thought two of these screens on my desk was massive let alone three! Question for you though, what overall resolution are you getting through the TripleHead2Go? If I have it right, the maximum output resolution is 5040 x 1050 which would equate to 3 x 1680 x 1050. Is that the resolution you are getting? If so, how does it look on these large screens? I've gone for the DualHead2Go simply because that allows me to keep the native resolution of 2 x 1920x1200... Geoff
Geoff,I'm using the resolution that the Matrox SGU set for FSX I think it's 3080 or there about as for the 5040 resolution I get a red light from the unit so I eased back to a lower one until the green light. The views in FSX are no problem as I found swap desktop program that comes with the Matrox software I shall have a read about the bezel management. Luckily I have a pretty large area to take the 3 montors. The problem before using the swap desktop was getting the mouse from one monitor to another.kilgourj
"Does anyone know if a line has to be added to FS9 and FSX config files to adjust to what it is shown on the screenshots I have seen"The only line in FSX that needs to be adjusted is "WideViewAspect=True". It's set at false by default. Not sure if this line is in FS9.cfg too but if not, you might try it and see if it helps.Jim
Jim,tried the wideviewaspect line in FS9 no luck, I think it is just for FSX. The SGU proram changes the config file and changes false to true.kilgourj

Guest JimBrown

I have a TH2G on three 19" LCD's at 1280x1024 each (3840 x 1024).I see that you got your display order sorted out.All 2D panels will stretch horizontally in any widescreen display. It's not as noticeable on a single widescreen display, however with the extreme widescreen display of the TH2G, it is very noticeable. VC (3D) displays are not affected. At this time, I'm not aware of any fix for this, other than resizing the 2D panel display by dragging the edge of the panel display horizontally until it looks "right". The resize will stick for the flight in progress, but will have to be redone each time a flight is started.It's certainly an annoyance, but the expanded view is worth it to me. I only use VC cockpits, so only have to resize the sub panels. And that is usually only the GPS panel as I try not to use the other sub panels. And, of course, I always resize and move the ATC window at the beginning of the flight.Regards,...jim