Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alias

Callouts on MD11

Hi,on the first flights with the MD11 (FS9) I could hear all callouts regarding the touchdown namely: "Reverse thrust available" and "Spoilers deployed", but I realized that they are not always available. Are they supposed to be always there or only when I fill up the FMC with all flight data?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,on the first flights with the MD11 (FS9) I could hear all callouts regarding the touchdown namely: "Reverse thrust available" and "Spoilers deployed", but I realized that they are not always available. Are they supposed to be always there or only when I fill up the FMC with all flight data?Thanks
The FMS must be properly set for the callouts. At least a CRZ LVL must be entered in the F-PLN INIT page (which to be able to enter you need to set first an origin and destination airport). The FMS must be able to identify your flight phase (climb-cruise-descent) for the callouts to work.

The FMS must be properly set for the callouts. At least a CRZ LVL must be entered in the F-PLN INIT page (which to be able to enter you need to set first an origin and destination airport). The FMS must be able to identify your flight phase (climb-cruise-descent) for the callouts to work.
Thanks a lot.

I have noticed the same thing. When I select the PMDG House GE MD-11F it works all the time.Whem I select any other aircraft, and program it the same way, the callouts do not work. I programmed the FMC the same way both times.I also noticed that the G/A button functions differently as well.Is there a "Quick Program" way to test the other aircraft with the FMC required info to check the callouts? They always work on Takeoff, just not the App. Thanks Again,- Jay -

So far, on my last two flights, using the MD-11F with the GE FedEx livery and China Cargo livery repectively, those calls were there. You sure you didn't miss an option in the FMC, or not select a RWY?

Thanks again for the tips.I will try it again, on a short hop flight.Out of Curiosity what MUST BE ENTERED into the FMC for it to work? I want to make absolutely sure I do not miss anything. Thanks,- Jay -