Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulV

Run Time Error 52 - Bad File Name or Number

Guest PaulV

Hi allFSX Acceleration, RC4.3, Vista 64bit. Load a valid FSX flight plan into RC. Start FSX, aircraft and flight plan loaded correctly. Start RC. Menu appears in FSX. Select Option 2, to listen to ATIS. RC exits upon selection of ATIS from within FS. RC does not generate a log file I can send.Any pointers?RegardsPaul

Hi allFSX Acceleration, RC4.3, Vista 64bit. Load a valid FSX flight plan into RC. Start FSX, aircraft and flight plan loaded correctly. Start RC. Menu appears in FSX. Select Option 2, to listen to ATIS. RC exits upon selection of ATIS from within FS. RC does not generate a log file I can send.Any pointers?RegardsPaul
are you right mouse clicking the .exe or shortcut and clicking run as administrator?i don't know why you can't make a .logstart fs, load a .pln, click fly nowstart rc, click debug, load a .pln, click start rcduplicate the error, send me the .log (there will be one)any other errors?jd

Guest PaulV

No, I did not run as Administrator. Will do that ASAP.I am using RC version 4.3.3845.Just to be sure, I wanted to rebuild my Scenery database, confirmed that MakeRWYs.exe is present, but I downloaded the latest version, and installed over the top, and subsequently lost my user registration.Before that, though, I went through the steps you suggested, and no log. Same symptoms. I then turned off User Account Control, which I can now enable again, since I can run just the program as an Admin.Will keep you posted once RC is running again.

No, I did not run as Administrator. Will do that ASAP.I am using RC version 4.3.3845.Just to be sure, I wanted to rebuild my Scenery database, confirmed that MakeRWYs.exe is present, but I downloaded the latest version, and installed over the top, and subsequently lost my user registration.Before that, though, I went through the steps you suggested, and no log. Same symptoms. I then turned off User Account Control, which I can now enable again, since I can run just the program as an Admin.Will keep you posted once RC is running again.
what user registration? makerwys.exe is a standalone program. no registration required.you can also install rc in a non c:\program files path, and then you won't need admin rightsjd

Guest PaulV
what user registration? makerwys.exe is a standalone program. no registration required.you can also install rc in a non c:\program files path, and then you won't need admin rightsjd
John, when you run anything without UAC, all installations get reset. So it was not necessary to reregister RC4, but I reinstalled, and after switching on UAC again, reregistered. (This was before I figured out the trick of just leaving everything alone, including having to find my Avsim Forum password again...)Built the scenery database again, and something peculiar happened: When I installed RC4 the first time on this machine for FSX, I do not recall the database building taking so long. Or happening at all, actually. And I thus ascribe the original error message to the database not being properly built the first time, due to Administrator Access.All is well now, and RC4 works wonders in FSX. I have really missed it.Thanks for your time. Vista has a steep learning curve, but I love it. It is so much better, and more safe that its predecessor. RC4 run as Adminstrator, and I am having a wonderful flight currently. :( RegardsPaul

John, when you run anything without UAC, all installations get reset. So it was not necessary to reregister RC4, but I reinstalled, and after switching on UAC again, reregistered. (This was before I figured out the trick of just leaving everything alone, including having to find my Avsim Forum password again...)Built the scenery database again, and something peculiar happened: When I installed RC4 the first time on this machine for FSX, I do not recall the database building taking so long. Or happening at all, actually. And I thus ascribe the original error message to the database not being properly built the first time, due to Administrator Access.All is well now, and RC4 works wonders in FSX. I have really missed it.Thanks for your time. Vista has a steep learning curve, but I love it. It is so much better, and more safe that its predecessor. RC4 run as Adminstrator, and I am having a wonderful flight currently. :( RegardsPaul
if you like vista, you're going to love 7jd