Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeybravo

DirectX

Hello.I have a question about DirectX I would like to ask.I have googled a bit but haven't found an answer ,but apologies if I've missed it. I have FSX installed on Vista64 with a GF 9800 gtx card.Now when I've looked at what version of DirectX is installed via dxdiag it says 10.Fair enough.Now if I have the DX10 preview checked I presume I,m using DX10,but what happens when I run FSX with the DX10 box unchecked?Thanks Whiskey Bravo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello.I have a question about DirectX I would like to ask.I have googled a bit but haven't found an answer ,but apologies if I've missed it. I have FSX installed on Vista64 with a GF 9800 gtx card.Now when I've looked at what version of DirectX is installed via dxdiag it says 10.Fair enough.Now if I have the DX10 preview checked I presume I,m using DX10,but what happens when I run FSX with the DX10 box unchecked?Thanks Whiskey Bravo
When you don't have the DX10 preview checked your using DX9. Vista has both DX10 and DX9 installed, and uses the one that matches the program your running.