Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDaniel

DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9 intresting observation.....

Hello Simfreaks :( To make a long story short, after some month without FSX I have put togheter a new FS rig, for the first time I bought Vista.So you all know about new FS9 and FSX install its a PITA..... :( So I tried some options and was not very happy with performance (not FPS, its the smoothness I looking for) and I thought, oh well still a nogo with DX9 and FSX.So I had nothing to loose and just for the fun I tried DX10.....and god..... what a diffrence! :( B) Smoooooth and good performance with "some" addons, scenery and planes! Maxed my FPS at 28 and they stay most of the time (PMDG MD11, Coolsky MD80), (PMDG 747 and MadDog 80....nogo)!Its a new feeling with evreything, shadows on aircraft and bloom!But as always there are two sides and the dark side for me with DX10 are, texture flickering on runways, some textures are not showing up(planes and scenery).So if there are any hints out there please let me know!And if you have a good rig and vista or windows7 and never tried DX10 preview, do it! At least for me its a new smooth simulator life.....with some fu.. up textures :-)CheersMcDan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!