Sign in to follow this  

FSX MD-11

Hi, there is one issue I would like to adress to you: if there is 1 IRU Off/Fail it shows the LVL 1 alert: "No Autoland".But I know autoland is certified with only 2 IRUs- the minimun is than a CAT 2 Appr in "Single Land" mode.Please check on that.Thanks!

I bet the quick answer is that inertial nav requires two out of three voting; otherwise, a failure would not be detected.Don't confuse with dual FMS, both of which must also be working for autoland.

Dan Downs KCRP

I bet the quick answer is that inertial nav requires two out of three voting; otherwise, a failure would not be detected.Don't confuse with dual FMS, both of which must also be working for autoland.
Pls read/ recheck my post again, thanks!

Guest cfgarrod

With one IRU failed and the others in NAV mode you can fly a CAT 2 single land approach. Only one MCDU is required for CAT1 2 or 3.Chris G

With one IRU failed and the others in NAV mode you can fly a CAT 2 single land approach. Only one MCDU is required for CAT1 2 or 3.Chris G
Hi Chris, thats exactly my knowlegde too. Thanks for confirmation!RGDS

Hi, I would like to bring this toppic up again and like to know if the PMDG support team is taking care of this issue: Autoland is possible with only 2 IRUs.Thanks!

Hi, I would like to bring this toppic up again and like to know if the PMDG support team is taking care of this issue: Autoland is possible with only 2 IRUs.Thanks!
Tom, Yes, we noted this.Thanks

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg