Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeTzavellas

FMC Route can not be SAVED

Guest GeorgeTzavellas

Hi , there , i've had a hell of a time trying to save a new route after correctly constructed a flight plan into the FMC with everything , SIDs at the departure , the route, the STARs and the AIPs . Then i try to save my valuable new route in the " CO ROUTE " by the name "LGAVLGRP001" then i saw the reasuring mesage " COMPLETE " and i said to myself 'wonderfull i'll fly the same route with real world weather at a later time. I was so wrong . I tryed to load the route by the name it was saved in the "CO ROUTE " and there was the reply to my efforts " NOT IN DATABASE " , yes , the origin and destination was Athens to Rodos . I know you'l say " Where the hell is he going in a 747-400 in a distance that you could cover throwing a stone (about 50 minutes flying time). The answer is that i dont have in my posession charts & approach plates for international flights ,yet , i have only for the Greek FIR . So if i am to fly trans continental flights i would have to build a flight plan only once IF ONLY i could save the route . So , to wrap things up , PLEASE , GET BACK TO ME WITH THE CORRECT PROCEDURE ON SAVING AND LOADING NEW BUILD FMC ROUTE ! ! ! ! ! ( I have purchased a copy of PMDG 747-400X a month ago .I've had also a separate copy for FS9

Hi , there , i've had a hell of a time trying to save a new route after correctly constructed a flight plan into the FMC with everything , SIDs at the departure , the route, the STARs and the AIPs . Then i try to save my valuable new route in the " CO ROUTE " by the name "LGAVLGRP001" then i saw the reasuring mesage " COMPLETE " and i said to myself 'wonderfull i'll fly the same route with real world weather at a later time. I was so wrong . I tryed to load the route by the name it was saved in the "CO ROUTE " and there was the reply to my efforts " NOT IN DATABASE " , yes , the origin and destination was Athens to Rodos . I know you'l say " Where the hell is he going in a 747-400 in a distance that you could cover throwing a stone (about 50 minutes flying time). The answer is that i dont have in my posession charts & approach plates for international flights ,yet , i have only for the Greek FIR . So if i am to fly trans continental flights i would have to build a flight plan only once IF ONLY i could save the route . So , to wrap things up , PLEASE , GET BACK TO ME WITH THE CORRECT PROCEDURE ON SAVING AND LOADING NEW BUILD FMC ROUTE ! ! ! ! ! ( I have purchased a copy of PMDG 747-400X a month ago .I've had also a separate copy for FS9

Hi George,I'd help you if I could but I don't know the answer to that.I might suggest asking the PMDG forum. They're a couple up from this forum. They'd be the ones to ask.PMDG makes the aircraft and the FMC. FS2Crew just makes the crew.Cheers,