Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle92395

Lake Michigan messed up??

The link to the screenie will show what I describe:Flying out of KORD today in a heavy (which I rarely do), I noticed that Lake Michigan and Lake Erie were messed up. In the middle of the lakes, there are square landmasses that shouldn't be there. I don't remember installing any landclass for this area, but may have. If I look at the GPS while flying, it doesn't actually SHOW Lake Mich anywhere... Is this a problem by default that someone has corrected in a scenery, or does this look like a problem that has come up FROM an installed scenery?Thanks!!http://www.pbase.com/image/15418668

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think you may have installed a landclass scenery? I vaguely remember something about this several months ago, but there was a patch for it. I don't know if I have the patch installed, or if I just don't have that particular landclass installed, but my Lake Michigan is fine.If that is not the case, I don't know what the problem is.Brian(EDIT) I really should read the original post before I reply, should I? I didn't notice the part about not installing any landclass scenery.

I think that you'll find it is a landclass add-on problem but I don't remember the filename or who wrote it. The file is landclass data for several midwestern states and Colorado, as I recall. Within a day or two of its release (here in the Avsim library), there was a patch to fix the Lake problem. If no one else gives you more detailed info, let me know and I'll fire up my old computer and see if I can track it down for you. R-

Don't worry about digging that far :). I'll do some more looking around. The wierd thing is that I've never noticed it before... but I'm usually not at FL35 either in my Caravan ;). I vaguely remember installing some FSGenesis stuff near Ohio to get better elevation...but I think thats it.

I flew from Milwaukee to Cleveland yesterday and there were no islands to be seen. I have all of the FSGenesis mesh installed, too.Nothing out there but water.Steve

That was the link I needed! Thanks!Metro: I can fly across the lake... but I just wanna SEE the lake (not a bunch of squares) :(