Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

MD11 PW Diplay T/O Thrust

A simple question. On the 744 at T/O I increase engine thrust to around 60-70% N1 to stabilize then hit TOGA I can clearly see on EICAS exactly what target thrust I have commanded when in manual throttle.On the MD11 PW Engines when I bring the thrust up to stabilize I dont see any marker that tells me what thrust setting I am commanding, same goes for a Landing with thrust off.So say I want to command 88.2 N1 or 1.4 EPR etc how do I tell that my throttle setting is correct? With the huge lag on Jet engines I don't want to be guessing.by the way I did RTFM and have started reading it again now the aircraft is in my hanger, but I feel I am missing something very obviousCheersRob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A simple question. On the 744 at T/O I increase engine thrust to around 60-70% N1 to stabilize then hit TOGA I can clearly see on EICAS exactly what target thrust I have commanded when in manual throttle.On the MD11 PW Engines when I bring the thrust up to stabilize I dont see any marker that tells me what thrust setting I am commanding, same goes for a Landing with thrust off.So say I want to command 88.2 N1 or 1.4 EPR etc how do I tell that my throttle setting is correct? With the huge lag on Jet engines I don't want to be guessing.by the way I did RTFM and have started reading it again now the aircraft is in my hanger, but I feel I am missing something very obviousCheersRob
Rob, There is a magenta "V" shaped bug outside the dial shape on the EAD that indicates the target throttle setting. You must advance your throttle levers so that the white "T" shaped bug is within this magenta bug.

Thanks, eventualy found it on page 231 of the systems manualRob