Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest twindave

nav lights on C-47 Sugarpuss

The answer may have been posted but I can't find it. When I fly the C-47 Sugarpuss the red tail navigation light is out in space, not touching the aircraft. Is there a fix or can the light be removed in the "aircraft.cfg" file. Thanks for your help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dave, i guess you mean the red beacon light atop the vstab, right ? ( also underneath the aft fuselage ?... ) i.e. *not* the white tail light .. ? I don't have Sugarpuss in my FS9 hangar at the moment but i believe we have taillights on all our R4D/DC-3/C-47 models setup as white ( correct me if i'm wrong ) If it's indeed the flashing red beacon light that you mean, it shouldn't be there on the ETO C-47's.... Check the aircraft.cfg, find the [LIGHTS] section and see if these entries are present : light.9=1, -27.10, 0.00, -0.40, fx_r4d_beacon, // dorsal beacon light.10=1, -40.58, 0.10, 15.35, fx_r4d_beacon, // vert-stab beaconIf so, just delete these two entries, save your aircraft.cfg and Bob's your uncle. Cheers,Jan

Thanks Jan for your reply. I was talking about the red light on the tail although its not flashing. In looking in the cfg file ir read,light.2=3,-46.90,0.13,3.97,fx_r4d_navred,//tail lightI removed this and all is now well.Thanks again