Sign in to follow this  
flyinjoe

Worried about future licence problems....

I run ASA networked most of the time, but I do have it installed locally on my FSX machine as well for the times I don't feel like going downstairs to turn on the client machine. Each time I go from running ASA networked to running it locally or visa versa, I have to activate the licence. I'm worred that at some point I won't be able to activate it again.Is there a way to get around this problem or do I not have to worry about running out of activations?

Hi Joe,This is the situation: you are allowed one Online install and one Offline install per the license agreement.1. You can decide to run one install always in Offline Mode and transfer weather data between machines.2. You can purchase a second copy for the second install and then run both in Online Mode.3. Yes, at some point soon, you are going to run out of activations running this way. At this time we are not going to allow multiple installs on multiple machines.Thanks,

Would Offline mode mean I could only use previously downloaded and saved weather data?I guess i'll keep going the way I am until the activations run out cause I have no plans to purchase two copies for one household. That's crazy to expect people to do that. At least offer something like $10 for an additional licence.

Hi Joe,That is correct even if it is from one machine to the other that would be OK.Thanks,