Sign in to follow this  
turner112

A great monitor!

Ok - I know isn't a hardware or home cockpit forum, but wanted to share here since most of us use a monitor ;)We just bought a Dynex DX-LCD32-09 (32" LCD) at Best Buy as a replacement for our bedroom tv. It happens to have VGA in, and it's so light, I decided to drag it into the home office this morning for a test run...WOW!It's pretty light - 25 lbs or so - so it was no issue. The resolution is 1360 x 768 which my vid card picked right up, and was selectable in the setup within FSX. Some stuff was still distorted, but the virtual cockpit was GREAT. Let me tell you, actual-size gauges (including the G1000) is quite a treat. Weird.Locally, it was about $350. Online I think it's $400. Pretty good for a 32" tv.Again, sorry for posting here, but it was such a great experience I had to share. I'm sure some of you might have tried something like this but it's a first for me and I can only imagine running a 3-wide setup with these things!!Oh - makes a good tv, too. :)CheersAndrew

Yep all of the new flat panel TV's make great monitors.I am using a Samsung 1080p as a monitor, the native resolution on it is 1920 X 1080 and the resulting FS image is great!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)