Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

I have a ?

Alright I did a little search and reading about why I am getting a fuel too cold message while flying. It appears I need to lower my altitude which I do and all is fine. What I want to know how come there is no message with the 747 and the 737 when I fly at the same altitudes. Is this something not modeled in those aircraft or is it just not an issue with those aircraft (more modern?). I just need to know is there another way around this or am I to just continue lowering my altitude if I receive this message.Thanks

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Are there fuel heat switches for each tank on the aircraft you are flying? I am not at all sure about the 737 and 747, they may route the fuel lines through the oil tanks for fuel heat without pilot intervention.The 727 has a bypass switch for fuel heat for each fuel tank that routes fuel lines through the oil tanks for each engine.

Alright I did a little search and reading about why I am getting a fuel too cold message while flying. It appears I need to lower my altitude which I do and all is fine. What I want to know how come there is no message with the 747 and the 737 when I fly at the same altitudes. Is this something not modeled in those aircraft or is it just not an issue with those aircraft (more modern?). I just need to know is there another way around this or am I to just continue lowering my altitude if I receive this message.Thanks
I believe this is because the MD-11 has been modeled in more depth than the previous PMDG offerings.In order to avoid this freezing (in most circumstances) you can load fuel type A1 or B in the FMS which will effectively lower the temperature at which your fuel will freeze. This is on the 3/3 page of INT menu.And for the record the MD-11 is more modern than both the 737 and 747.