Sign in to follow this  
ANA2527

MD11 Brake Problem

I'm having a problem taxiing after landing my MD11. I have to get the engines up to 70% to get it moving. If I lower the throttles to slow down, the plane slows down and rolls to a stop. It's like I'm trying to taxi with the emergency brake on (I checked and it's not :). I can't figure this out. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm doing, or have done after landing. Before I get bombarded with "RTFM"...I have, but can't find anything dealing with this. I believe the manual states that around 40% throttle should get you moving, and it does when I taxi to takeoff. It's very quick and I have to mind my speed. Here's what I do after landing: I pull off the runway, retract flaps, move autobrakes from medium to off and then try taxiing to the stand. I have no warning lights/or messeges indicating a problem. She slows down very nicely on the runway and don't have to apply any additional brakes. I've experienced this taxi issue on my last few flights. It's just started and can't figure this out. I've tried different airports and received the same results.Also, well done on the MD11. What a GREAT simulation!Thanks for your help,Mike Franks

Mike Franks

Do you have brake notifications on in FSX (the red text at the bottom)? If you disabled it, try turning it back on so that you can see if the brakes are still being held. Are you shutting the autopilot off via the soft disconnect switch? I'm trying to figure out if the plane is still applying brakes. One thing that might help is pressing the . key immediately before you turn off of the runway, that might reset some brake logic as well.Shooting in the dark,-stefan

Thanks Stefan for the reply. I'm using FS9. I'll try the "." key after landing to reset the logic. Now that you mention it, I think I do turn off the A/P via "z" key after pulling off the runway. Would that impact the brakes?Mike Franks

Mike Franks

Thanks Stefan for the reply. I'm using FS9. I'll try the "." key after landing to reset the logic. Now that you mention it, I think I do turn off the A/P via "z" key after pulling off the runway. Would that impact the brakes?Mike Franks
ATS still on after landing?

Iñigo Bildarratz