Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmusick

Steering during taxi

Since applying the most recent update to MD-11, the steering with CH pedals during taxi is very erratic. The aircraft randomly turns extreme left then right. It does not seem to track straight. I have tried to calibrate the rudder pedals with no improvement. Your assistance would be very much appreciated. BTW, the PMDG 747-400 seems to work perfectly during taxi using exactly the same equipment.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't noticed any change in nosewheel steering since the FSX update.Here are some things you could check:-Re-calibrate your pedals-Check the rudder trim position-Check for extreme surface winds-Check that auto-coordination is turned off in the realism menuFailing these, you could try resetting the MD11. -Load the FSX default aircraft (c172) and then re-load the MD11. Now save this as your default flight and do not open any pre-saved flights where the chosen aircraft is the MD11. Regards,Martin Neep

UPDATE: I needed to turn off autopilot so the plane didn't try to follow the runway centerline. Duh...

I've done that quite a few times.. Funny how you can get it down in CATIII conditions safely after a Longhaul and then get confused when it won't steer of the active :( Rob