Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR Backup Question

Guest melf12

I'm about to start a complete Format of my main HD which is 'home' to 3 Partitions; one of them is my Fs9 Partition.The normal Backup procedure does not bother me, that much!! What does concern me how many of my PSS B772LR files are in the Registry? I have found the Serial number belonging to the PSS777loadConfig.exe - but that's all? Is there more and where? :( Any help will be appreciated.Ken

I'm about to start a complete Format of my main HD which is 'home' to 3 Partitions; one of them is my Fs9 Partition.The normal Backup procedure does not bother me, that much!! What does concern me how many of my PSS B772LR files are in the Registry? I have found the Serial number belonging to the PSS777loadConfig.exe - but that's all? Is there more and where? :( Any help will be appreciated.Ken
From a forum post:The only registry entries made are, by the 757,HKCU\Software\Phoenix Simulation Software\Pss 757 2006Index: 0Name: GUIDType: REG_SZLength: 66Data: -and for the 777, with the exception of querying a few files, the installer didn't write anything.And you already know about the 777 load editor.Jim Harnes

Guest melf12
From a forum post:The only registry entries made are, by the 757,HKCU\Software\Phoenix Simulation Software\Pss 757 2006Index: 0Name: GUIDType: REG_SZLength: 66Data: -and for the 777, with the exception of querying a few files, the installer didn't write anything.And you already know about the 777 load editor.Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Thanks for your reply Jim,A while ago I did another Registry search and found 4 lines similiar to those you posted.I'll wait to see if there are any more replies. Roaming around the Registry is not one of my favorite pastimes :)Ken

Ken,Sorry to miss your first post - I've spent the last week myself re-installing lock, stock and barrel after a HDD problem.Anyway, for the 777/757, the only registry entry you need is that for the 777 Load Editor. Nothing else - I have done many manual installs and that is all I ever need.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.