Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turner112

I always looked forward to the next Flight Simulator

Since 1982, when I bought my first flight simulator for Apple ][ (well, my grandfather bought it for me), I have always looked toward flight simulation, and what's next.Throughout the years, though I certainly have not bought -every- version of -every- sim, I've eagerly looked through magazines, store shelves, and, eventually, the internet, for the New Thing on the real and virtual horizon.While the end of an era is certainly at hand, I just as certainly will continue to look as eagerly as I always have.I expect to hear -something- about what the team or Microsoft does next. I hope that the team can somehow work together to produce whatever is Next in flight simulation, and that if they do this they can use knowledge they have accumulated without being stopped by Microsoft.Maybe we'll see something on XBOX, but I assume if the title wasn't profitable enough to keep it alive, that's a long shot. Maybe we'll see X-Plane (which, ironically, I purchased just last week) come a little closer to the eye candy we find in FS. Maybe we'll see the rebirth of Fly! - wouldn't that be amazing? Unlikely, maybe. But you know what I'm saying.Heck, maybe the team will be scooped up by Google to create a sim based on the Earth engine.. An era may be ending; flight simulation isn't. I look forward to what's next.Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!