Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yankeeromeo

Screen/PC Crash

Hello Folks,Hope everything goes well.Here's the story:When flying with a flight plan, either IFR or VFR, my PC/Screen is freezing with a continuous sound, about 40 mns to 1 hr flight, a reboot is compulsory.When flying without a flight plan...No problemo at all (with all settings on the right).First, i was on XP32 with an Nvidia GC, same problem, then i upgrated with Vista64 and ATI Radeon GC, thinking that it was, maybe a problem of 32 versus 64 bit and Ram issues.My config is OK, mean last drivers with a very stable CPU's, (Core2 Duo).Is something missing on certain files and/or missing files on FSX ?Of course, i did several uninstall/install, but this trouble is persistent...Any suggestions are welcomed.Thanks in advance. FSX + Accel Pack.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Folks,Hope everything goes well.Here's the story:When flying with a flight plan, either IFR or VFR, my PC/Screen is freezing with a continuous sound, about 40 mns to 1 hr flight, a reboot is compulsory.When flying without a flight plan...No problemo at all (with all settings on the right).First, i was on XP32 with an Nvidia GC, same problem, then i upgrated with Vista64 and ATI Radeon GC, thinking that it was, maybe a problem of 32 versus 64 bit and Ram issues.My config is OK, mean last drivers with a very stable CPU's, (Core2 Duo).Is something missing on certain files and/or missing files on FSX ?Of course, i did several uninstall/install, but this trouble is persistent...Any suggestions are welcomed.Thanks in advance. FSX + Accel Pack./quote]I too am having similar problems. Except I have SP2..no accel and I have this weird anomaly in no pattern or time frame. There is a sudden and continuous noise...ie:static like coming from speakers then the computer freezes.I hope someone(s) can/will help us here.

Hello 907,Flew this morning an IFR from KLAS => KSEA no problemo at all :( Try the "download winds aloft data with real-world weather" option in the settings display weather stuff.Once your flight plan done, deactivate your internet connection and all non necessary process on your PC, eg: firewall, window defender, msn etc...That's what i did and it work just fine for this time... :( :( Xfinger...Cheers,