Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Autopilot Heading + Speed MD-11 : when following it ?

Hi all,Recently I purchased the MD-11.Last saturday I bought the VR Insight Hat Track.If these 2 work fine together I am going to keel the Hat track ; if not I have to return it before saturday.OffcoarseI am going to read / follow the tutorial , but now I want to make a short test flight .I start up at the runway and manually take off.Then I choose speed / heading / altitude.Then I pressed Prof and Nav and Autoflight.I can see that the autopilot is in command.The altitude is working fine, however the speed stays at 237 ( flying at 12.000 ft and set at 260 ) and the heading does not change to what I have set.Any advice ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Advice? Don't do a short test flight and ask basic questions before you've done the tutorial and read the manuals... :( Seems quite logical to me... :( One tip: NAV and PROF work with the data in the FMC's, not with what you set in the spd, hdg and alt windows...

One tip: NAV and PROF work with the data in the FMC's, not with what you set in the spd, hdg and alt windows...So you will not be able to fly heading / speed by autopilot like other aircraft, but need the FMC always ?Seems unlogical to me. :(

Remember to sign ur posts with your nameYou need to pull the speed and heading knobs each time

Thanks !Got it to work now.Just did a test flight to set up the Hat Track.A winning combination ! :( Gerard Salden