Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirk98

Some questions to the users of ASA

Hello, pls share your observations and suggestions to the following:1. Force Destination Wx Zone (in FSX) - Do you use it?2. Dynamic Rate of Change - default is 50%, what setting do you use?3. Cloud Layers - which value do you run on a stronger system? (Now I'm @7)4. Enable Direct Wind Control and Smoothing - now it is unchecked (both for FSX & FS9)?Important ones for me:1. Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing - unchecked now.2. Maximum Surface Visibility @49SM - your settings, pls?3. Maximum Upper Visibility @79SM - your settings, pls?Much thanks,Dirk98.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello, pls share your observations and suggestions to the following:1. Force Destination Wx Zone (in FSX) - Do you use it?2. Dynamic Rate of Change - default is 50%, what setting do you use?3. Cloud Layers - which value do you run on a stronger system? (Now I'm @7)4. Enable Direct Wind Control and Smoothing - now it is unchecked (both for FSX & FS9)?Important ones for me:1. Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing - unchecked now.2. Maximum Surface Visibility @49SM - your settings, pls?3. Maximum Upper Visibility @79SM - your settings, pls?Much thanks,Dirk98.
FIRST PART1. i dont use it...not realistic2. 50%3. i use 3 even though i have a top end machine4. i do not use direct wind control and smoothing as it uses global weather and induces cloud popping; and also FSX keeps changing destination runways constantly...so difficult to fly an approach.SECOND PART1. i do not use visibility graduation and smoothing for the same reason that it also uses global weather.2. slider to full right.3. slider to full right.regards,

FIRST PART1. i dont use it...not realistic2. 50%3. i use 3 even though i have a top end machine4. i do not use direct wind control and smoothing as it uses global weather and induces cloud popping; and also FSX keeps changing destination runways constantly...so difficult to fly an approach.SECOND PART1. i do not use visibility graduation and smoothing for the same reason that it also uses global weather.2. slider to full right.3. slider to full right.regards,
Thanks, ashwath. I'll try that on my 4.4Ghz PC, I've never tried sliders to full right yet, very interesting. I also hate the cloud popping. Btw how does it look in full overcast conditions? Also, you're not flying FS9, I guess?What is your visibility range in the game, if it matters at all with your settings in ASA?Dirk98.PS: What's the problem with N3 on a top end machine? Move the slider to the right, I think you'll like it what you'll see. I'm thinking to go from 7 to 9, the sky, the cloud layers are spectacular and my PC still runs the game with complex addon airplanes very well, but again, I have ASA, ASX, XG, ASv6, ASG all installed on the network PC.

Thanks, ashwath. I'll try that on my 4.4Ghz PC, I've never tried sliders to full right yet, very interesting. I also hate the cloud popping. Btw how does it look in full overcast conditions? Also, you're not flying FS9, I guess?What is your visibility range in the game, if it matters at all with your settings in ASA?Dirk98.PS: What's the problem with N3 on a top end machine? Move the slider to the right, I think you'll like it what you'll see. I'm thinking to go from 7 to 9, the sky, the cloud layers are spectacular and my PC still runs the game with complex addon airplanes very well, but again, I have ASA, ASX, XG, ASv6, ASG all installed on the network PC.
hi, i keep the number of cloud layers to 3 because most of the time the METAR for any airport does not have more than 3-4 layers of clouds. so i just keep it at 3 in case setting a higher number saps resources in the background. there is no visibility setting in FSX but my cloud draw distance is set to far left and cloud coverage density to maximum. cloud popping with the new beta 355 has been reduced but not completely eliminated, especially when using global weather. regards,

hi, i keep the number of cloud layers to 3 because most of the time the METAR for any airport does not have more than 3-4 layers of clouds. so i just keep it at 3 in case setting a higher number saps resources in the background. there is no visibility setting in FSX but my cloud draw distance is set to far left and cloud coverage density to maximum. cloud popping with the new beta 355 has been reduced but not completely eliminated, especially when using global weather. regards,
All is clear, thanks. I have cloud draw distance @70mi. Unfortunately beta 355 is nogo for my setup, but not a problem, I still find original ASA release better than ASX. Dirk98.