Sign in to follow this  
chaddddddddddd

FSX PMDG MD-11 BLACK DISPLAYS

Hi,I am having an issue with the LCD Screens, they are always black. I have tried everything, and i have tried all the pre-saved aircraft configurations. Nothing works, the screens are always black.Any ideas? I had this issue before, i fixed it, but i can't remember how, and then i installed the update for it and the same thing happened again.Thanks.-Chad

Chad: Black display units (without red-X) is a validation problem. If the validation process during install worked then you should email pmdg support (be sure to get an automated response to ensure you have contacted them) to resolve this issue.If they are black with the red-X then it is an initialization problem. This sim has a 20sec initialization and you should see in counting down on the screen. Try using MSFS menu item RESET FLIGHT or whatever it is called to try to force the initialization.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest NaVCAM
Chad: Black display units (without red-X) is a validation problem. If the validation process during install worked then you should email pmdg support (be sure to get an automated response to ensure you have contacted them) to resolve this issue.If they are black with the red-X then it is an initialization problem. This sim has a 20sec initialization and you should see in counting down on the screen. Try using MSFS menu item RESET FLIGHT or whatever it is called to try to force the initialization.Hope this helps.
I have the same issue and i did go through the validation process during install and it went through. I emailed PMDG with my ID and everything and they were not able to help me. They said to delete the FSUIPC .dll, .txt, .cfg, .key but i was not able to find the .key file in the FS9.1/Modules folder. Do i need to register FSUIPC in order for this problem to be fixed?