Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fullerjohn

Adding a Brake Chute

Hello there. I am taking a break from flying - I have been successfully practicing carrier landings with my favourite Sepecat Jaguar - boy it feels great when I can now do it 7 times out of 10! I have been having a look at some aircraft downloads and note that a few have a "brake chute" which can be deployed on landing (via spoilers and/or flaps). On looking at the aircraft/panel configs etc I cannot see how this "effect" is achieved. Does any know if there are effects/gauges available to download to add this feature ot how it can be done?Thanks in advance. :( John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello there. I am taking a break from flying - I have been successfully practicing carrier landings with my favourite Sepecat Jaguar - boy it feels great when I can now do it 7 times out of 10! I have been having a look at some aircraft downloads and note that a few have a "brake chute" which can be deployed on landing (via spoilers and/or flaps). On looking at the aircraft/panel configs etc I cannot see how this "effect" is achieved. Does any know if there are effects/gauges available to download to add this feature ot how it can be done?Thanks in advance. :( John
I have been known to be wrong (many times) before but it is my understanding that such an animation is built into the model by the designer and cannot simply be added to aircraft.

I have been known to be wrong (many times) before but it is my understanding that such an animation is built into the model by the designer and cannot simply be added to aircraft.
Thanks for the reply David. That makes sense since there appears to be nothing available for download. :( John