Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest juzzchillin

Remove everything except VC

PMDG MD11 - Is it possible to remove the 2D panels and the actual exterior model of the aircraft leaving only the VC? I want to squeeze every bit of performance out of my rig, and I never go outside the VC. Just curious.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just curious too! Although I wonder if removing the 2D panels will help: I thought they were only loaded into memory when you use them...? Hence not loading them would be the same as removing them altogether. But maybe I am wrong. I also never ever leave the VC and don't care for the 2D panels and also (one that you forgot) the interior (the passengers cabin which you see with the wingviews): I really could do without that interior! The exterior I'd like to keep though, although I wouldn't care AT ALL if it was even more low res and had NO MOVING parts at all: that would also help performance, I guess? I only go outside the plane to top down view every now and then when I am on the airfield, to see where I should be going while taxing and how far I should pushback. That's it. During flight it's VC only for me.