Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

key assignments

I've always wondered why PMDG seem to be very consevative when it comes to offering available key assignments, does anyone know if there is a specific reason for this? LVLD 767 seems to be top of the list out of all the addons I have seen for assignment options and is perfect for us home flightdeck builders.My current option around this is to undock sub panels to three other monitors and keep the main screen for the VC but this is not ideal as I would rather use the other screens purely for PFD ND EICAS + FMC Anyway not a complaint just an observation, if they are capable of creating such a complex virtual machine what's the issue with creating a comprehensive selection of key assignments to go with it? As it stands we cant even change Autobrake settings with hardware on the MD11Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As it stands we cant even change Autobrake settings with hardware on the MD11Rob
Rob,Presently experimenting with a Saitek Throttle Quadrant on my FSX MD-11.Nice to have three separate throttles on this aircraft now.Regarding Autobrakes: assigned one of the rocker switchs to increase/decrease the Autobrake switch position.Have done this without Saitek software in between or using PMDG's Keyboard Commands.Just simple directly via FS(x) Setting-Controls-Systems Autobrake (increase/decrease) joystick button assignment.This way I think it's possible with any kind of hardware.Regards,Harry