Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Best way to import flight plans?

I was wondering what the best/recommended way in ASA to use a flightplan, import textures, and start flying? I know we had a guide with AS6. FYI: I'm using fs9 with the latest FSUIPC and the ASA with the beta patch. My steps are as follows:-Start FS9 and create a flightplan using FSNavigator. -Exit FS9 and start ASA*. Import the new flightplan and hit process. -ASA gets the weather and asks to import some textures, which I say ok. I click the option to import the GE Pro textures as well**. -Start FS9 again, start the flight***. This seems to work well for me (honestly I've not seen many of the problems others have reported). However I do have a few questions (and possibly bug reports):* - I'd like to start ASA before anything else since it takes so long to load. I've noticed that if I start ASA first and then start FS9 and create my flightplan and exit, when I restart FS9 again, I seem to get little or no weather. As long as I don't start ASA until after I close FS9 initially, everything seems fine. I don't remember having to do this before the beta patch, but I could be wrong. Even re-processing the flightplan does not avoid this. ** - Before the beta patch, the GE Pro thing would pop-up automatically. Now I have to hit the button. No big deal, not sure if this is a bug or by design. Sometimes I forget to hit it, which isn't a huge problem. *** - Question: Should I go back into the flightplan and hit "process" again? You had to do this in AS6 to get the weather along the entire plan. Should I still do this in ASA? Sometimes I forget and I don't see a difference either way. ASA seems to handle this better and not really need the flightplan. Although I only fly small GA planes, so my flights might not be long enough to really see major weather changes. Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm loving ASA so far.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi,1. Start ASA.2. Enter your departing and destination airports.3. Submit textures.4. Start FS.5. Plan your detailed flight.6. Import the detailed plan into ASA.That should do it!Thanks,