Sign in to follow this  
Guest spitha

pmdg 747-400x installing problems

Guest spitha

HiUpon installing the PMDG 747X a window opened with the message that my FSX version is newer than the version on the CD.After closing that message, installation went on without any further problem and was eventually confirmed to be successfull.Flying the airplane is OK, but when I use Spot Plane view, the 747 only shows its skeleton. This is also true when I preview the details of the plane in aircraft selection.My equipment is as follows: Acer 7730G, Intel Core Duo P8400 2.26 Ghz, 4096 MB Ram, 512 MB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce 9600M-GT, 1280 MB HYpermemory.Sincere thanks for any kind of advice and/or support.

Hi,It seems to be a graphic driver issue.Just pick up the latest Nvidia driver and you should be ok.Regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest spitha
Hi,It seems to be a graphic driver issue.Just pick up the latest Nvidia driver and you should be ok.Regards,
Thanks for your reply.After checking with Nvidia, my system was declared to be fully up to date.I suspect the PMDG version, although recently purchased: the installation window tells me that my FSX verion is more recent than the one the 747 was tested for (FSX, SP1, SP2, Acceleration).So, no solution so far.

Guest spitha
Thanks for your reply.After checking with Nvidia, my system was declared to be fully up to date.I suspect the PMDG version, although recently purchased: the installation window tells me that my FSX verion is more recent than the one the 747 was tested for (FSX, SP1, SP2, Acceleration).So, no solution so far.
Latest revision: problem solved by activating Direct X in the FSX graphics menu.Anyway, thanks for reacting.